Friday, May 31, 2013

Auf wiedersehen

Posts have been scarce lately. I leave for the States tomorrow morning, and while I'm excited to get back to Phoenix, I'm really going to miss being in Europe. It's amazing how quickly I began to feel at home here. I know the train system like the back of my hand, and have picked up conversational German words such that I am able to complete an order in a restaurant or make small talk with strangers.

On that note, here are a couple of things I will miss:
  • The inconvenience/challenge of being in a new place and having to fend for myself.
  • Cobblestone streets and old churches.
  • Local Riesling.
  • Schnitzel. (Seriously.)
  • My classmates.
  • Ursula, the EBS program director, who is a complete doll.
  • High speed trains.
  • Belgian beer.
  • Delicious pastries.
  • Castles.
Things I will not miss:
  • The weather. YUCK!
We went to Heidelberg on Tuesday and I got to see my first German schloß (castle). It was built in the 1200s and overlooks the entire city. This has been my favorite part of Germany.


I have one more class today and then a field trip for some wine tasting and photos at Eberbach Abbey (http://kloster-eberbach.de/).

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment