Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Flower child

I'm always thrilled to see wildflowers. My first year in Boise, I would take photos of the tulips "growing out of the ground!" and send to my mother in bewilderment. As Arizonans, we don't get to see a huge variety of flowers outside of a botanical garden. (Shout out to DBG, Lola.)

Yesterday, on my walk home from school, I saw a lilac plant, which I had never seen before in the wild. It's actually a very massive bush (wide, but only about five feet tall). I picked a flower and stuck in one of the small vases in my flat. 

It's the little things in life. You know, like being in Germany and picking flowers.


On tonight's agenda is dinner in Frankfurt with some classmates. I barely got to see the city at all because my train got in after 6pm and I wanted to get to my apartment so badly. (My landlords were waiting up for me.) I am excited to see what the nightlife there has in store for us.

I booked a plane ticket for $250 to Vienna the weekend of May 25th to see Tim, Paul, and Andy, some of my ASU friends who are also enrolled in an international elective in Austria & the Czech Republic. It will be good to see their familiar faces, especially in a foreign country. Though I will admit, one of my favorite challenges of being here is not knowing anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment